Your voice makes a difference! Join us and advocate for high-quality early care and education for the commonwealth’s children and families!
Whether you are an experienced advocate or someone that is just engaging in public policy for the first time, your voice is important. Please consider acting and making a difference for Pennsylvania’s children. We will keep you posted on opportunities to make your voice heard at the state and national levels and also encourage regular contact with your elected officials.
Join the child care and pre-k campaigns to participate in the action alerts:
- Go to Start Strong PA Take Action to participate in the latest action alert on child care
- Go to Pre-K for PA Take Action to participate in the latest action alert on pre-k
Urge Congress to Support the Child Care for Working Families Act
In a perfect world Congress would pass a bill that would ...
- Lower child care costs for low-income and middle-income families to a maximum of seven percent of household income through a sliding scale, regardless of how many children they have.
- Support universal access to high-quality preschool programs for all low- and middle-income three- and four-year-olds.
- Significantly improve compensation and training for the child care workforce to ensure that our nation's teachers and caregivers have the support they need.
- Improve the quality of child care by ensuring that funding is available to enable providers to maintain high standards.
The good news is a bill like this exists - it's called the Child Care for Working Families Act. It was introduced in September, with our own Senator Bob Casey helping to lead the charge, but for this bill to move forward, we need you to speak out to tell Congress to cosponsor and support the bill. Find your Congressman's phone number here, then call and ask for their support on this bill.