New Fire Safety Regulations:
The Governor signed SB 934 on July 14, so it is now Act 62 of 2020.
It will become effective November 11
- All child care centers and family child care homes have a fire detection device or system that is operable and properly maintained at all times.
- They must manually test all fire detection devices or systems at least once every thirty days and maintain a written record of the testing in the facility's fire drill
- Operability must be demonstrated during the annual inspection.
- If a fire detection device or system cannot be tested every thirty days, the device or system must be tested at least annually by a fire safety professional and maintain written documentation of the test results in the facility's fire drill logs. Documentation must be on the fire safety professional's letterhead.
- They must keep proof and date of purchase of an interconnected fire detection device or system in the facility's fire drill logs.
We can help with that....
PennAEYC is please to share that we have worked with our partners to bring you a cost savings on that much needed FIRE SAFETY equipment you may need. Just visit SharedSourcePA.org and select COST SAVINGS then search for the ACE Hardware button for your discount!
Check it out for so much more!
Did you know that SharedSourcePA.org has over 90 policy and procedure templates and over 40 form templates for you to use?!
In addition to supporting Pennsylvania shared service alliances, PennAEYC (with content creation support from DVAEYC and PAEYC) also operates a shared services web-based platform www.sharedsourcepa.org, that allows a large group of ECE providers to maximize the power of Information/Technology as a management resource and also pool their purchasing power nationally. These two important benefits of the PA platform; maximizing purchasing power through collective participation of a very large group of users and offering state-specific tools and resources for providers have saved users time and money, positively affecting their business bottom line allowing them to improve educational quality.